PixelTunes Radio Episode 9: Racing Trax
Finger perched on the accelerator button… wind in your hair… clock ticking down at the top of the screen… Racing games are always a thrilling experience, and racing soundtracks are equally intense. Join us, and our guest host Scott, as we rev our PixelTuned cars through a winding course of amazing tunes! Ten songs, nine different consoles, one amazing experience.
This episode’s Twitter hashtag is #RacingTrax
1. Top Gear (SNES) – Las Vegas – Barry Leitch
2. Power Drift (Arcade) – Like the Wind – Hiroshi Kawaguchi
3. Outrun 2019 (Genesis) – Feel the Beat – Shigeki Sako
4. Rage Racer (PSX) – Mathemabeat – Tetsukazu Nakanishi
“Ridge Racer Guy” Commercial
5. Daytona USA (Saturn) – Let’s Go Away – Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
6. 4×4 Off Road Racing (C64) – Title Theme – Paul Jaquays
7. Rockman Battle & Chase (PSX) – Over the Top – Yoshinori Ono
8. Super Spy Hunter (NES) – Stage 2 & 6 – Naoki Kodaka, Nobuyuki Hara, Shinichi Seya
“Spy Hunter Armament Pack” Commercial
9. Mario Kart 64 (N64) – Rainbow Road – Kenta Nagata
10. Flag to Flag (DC) – Point of No Return – Akihito Okama
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and (if you like our show,) a positive rating on iTunes would be much appreciated!
Enjoy the show!
Ever play Motor Toon GP? Fun game, and I’m no real racing fan. Other than wipEout.
Motor Toon was one of my first PSX games! It was a lot of fun, and the framerate was super smooth for it’s time. -Ed