Drawing inspiration from epic films like Alien and Predator, the Contra series defined the run ‘n gun genre with its manic, over-the-top action and visuals. Each new entry brought equally rockin’ music along with it, and the PixelTunes guys are proud to present some shining examples. This is the music which has kept players fighting the baddies for over 25 years. The journey starts in 1987 on the NES, and concludes with the latest Contra releases. We hope you enjoy it!
We’ll have some great Contra-related content posted on our Facebook page for this episode, so please follow us there! You don’t want to miss it!
1. Contra (NES) – Energy Zone Theme – Hidenori Maezawa, Kiyohiro Sada
2. Super Contra (Arcade) – Thunder Landing – Kazuki Muraoka, Motoaki Furukawa
3. Contra 3: The Alien Wars (SNES) – Boss Battle – Aki Hata, Masanori Adachi, Miki Higashino, Tappy Iwase
4. Contra Force (NES) – Stage 4 – Kenichi Matsubara, Yasuhiko Manno, Tomoya Tomita
5. Contra Hard Corps (GEN) – Hard Corps Blues – Akira Yamaoka, Hiroshi Kobayashi, Michiru Yamane
6. Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2) – Hell Drive – Akira Yamaoka
*Days of Our 30 Lives – a Contra Soap Opera* – *Break*
7. Neo C0ntra (PS2) – Hellicarrier – Sota Fujimori
8. Contra 4 (DS) – Waterfall – Jake Kaufman
*Epic Contra Center Theme Park* – *Break*
9. Contra ReBirth (WiiWare) – Area 3 – Manabu Namiki
10. Hard Corps: Uprising (PS3, X360) – Capital Tower Building Boss – Daisuke Ishiwatari